Welcome to the Australian Physiotherapy Council website
The Australian Physiotherapy Council offices in Canberra will be closed from December 11, 2013 and will reopen for business from January 13, 2014 at our new Melbourne location:
Postal address from December 10:
Australian Physiotherapy Council, PO Box 9312, South Yarra VIC 3141
Couriers and deliveries:
Australian Physiotherapy Council, Level 1/122 Toorak Road, South Yarra VIC 3141
Email addresses remain unchanged
Please be advised during this period of closure, the enquiries email and candidate emails and correspondence will not receive response. All matters will be attended to as soon as possible from January 13, 2014.
The Board of Directors thanks the staff based in Canberra for their great efforts and commitment to continue the business of the Council throughout the past 6 months
The Board of Directors and management would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy festive season and best wishes for the New Year.
Welcome to the Australian Physiotherapy Council
The Australian Physiotherapy Council is an independent national body engaging locally and globally in oversight of the guidance, development and assurance of standards for health professional practice in the public interest.
The Australian Physiotherapy Council values integrity, excellence, collaboration, reliability and accountability.
The activities of the Australian Physiotherapy Council include:
- Accreditation of physiotherapy education programs in Australian universities.
- Assessment of qualifications and skills of overseas-qualified physiotherapists for registration and migration purposes.
- Provision of advice to Government agencies and the Physiotherapy Board of Australia on relevant matters including health professional standards for accreditation and assessment.
- National and international liaison with other professional bodies, regulators and educators on matters related to standards of education and practice and global recognition of physiotherapy qualifications.
- Maintenance and regular review of the Australian Standards for Physiotherapy.