Welcome to the Australian Physiotherapy Council website
Please note that we have moved to our permanent office in Melbourne:
AUSTRALIAN PHYSIOTHERAPY COUNCIL
Suite 330, 1 Queens Road
MELBOURNE VIC 3004
Welcome to the Australian Physiotherapy Council
The Australian Physiotherapy Council is an independent national body engaging locally and globally in oversight of the guidance, development and assurance of standards for health professional practice in the public interest.
The Australian Physiotherapy Council values integrity, excellence, collaboration, reliability and accountability.
The activities of the Australian Physiotherapy Council include:
- Accreditation of physiotherapy education programs in Australian universities.
- Assessment of qualifications and skills of overseas-qualified physiotherapists for registration and migration purposes.
- Provision of advice to Government agencies and the Physiotherapy Board of Australia on relevant matters including health professional standards for accreditation and assessment.
- National and international liaison with other professional bodies, regulators and educators on matters related to standards of education and practice and global recognition of physiotherapy qualifications.
- Maintenance and regular review of the Australian Standards for Physiotherapy.